Thursday, November 24, 2011

Beauty From Ashes

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I have reposted something today that is not original to me. I've seen it in emails and facebook posts for years. I am not sure of the original source, so I cannot give credit to the author. I have also posted an original poem that I wrote to thank God for what he has done for me. Please enjoy:

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
The taxes I pay because it means that I’m employed.
The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
The space I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I’m alive.
Getting too much email bogs me down but at least I know I have friends who are thinking of me.
Author Unknown 

Be joyful always; pray continually;give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Psalm 106

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing  to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Psalm 105



 Today I am thankful for what God has done for me. I have many blessings...my children, family, friends, job, home, health, church, and much more.

One of the things that I am especially thankful for this Thanksgiving is what God has done for me spiritually and emotionally. He has given me a new outlook and new opportunities. I am so thankful for his deliverance and healing. Isaiah 61:1-3 has always been a favorite scripture passage of mine that has special meaning. I thank God that he has truly given me "beauty for ashes" as promised in the scripture. I wrote a poem a couple of months ago as a testimony. It is  based upon Isaiah 61 and Isaiah 54. Take some time during your personal devotions this week to read Isaiah 61 and Isaiah 54.


“Beauty From Ashes”  by J.L. Pearce

Based upon Isaiah 61 and Isaiah 54



Butterfly, Butterfly, leave your cocoon,

Rosebud, Rosebud, its your time to bloom,

The time has come, your season is here

God has not given you a Spirit of fear.

Awaken, Arise, for your light has come,

Come out of your darkness, and face the Son

Embrace His warmth, absorb His rays,

Exchange your despair for the spirit of praise.

Listen to His voice, so soft, so tender,

Your Protector, Provider, Healer, Defender.

I’ve been delivered, gloriously set free.

Its my time to tell what He did for me.

He healed my broken heart, released me from my prison.

From the ashes of my life, new beauty has risen.

I can look in the mirror, I don’t have to hide.

He has dressed me in jewels, just like a bride.

He gave me a robe of righteousness for the rags I had worn

He dried my tears, gave comfort when I mourned.

I called to Him, with my hurt, my grief, in the midst of my trouble.

For my rejection and pain, He has promised me double.

I have a new husband and the Lord God is His name!

No more will I remember my rejection and shame.

With His great mercies, He has gathered me in.

Now my oil of joy can flow again

I have enlarged my tent and lengthened my cords,

My soul will rejoice and be glad in the Lord.

The curses once spoken over me, I no longer believe,

The promises of God, I now receive.

Favor, protection, a covenant of peace,

My heavenly father has now released.

Blessings are my heritage. It will all come to be.

Trust him with your ashes. He will give you...Beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment